Friday, July 31, 2015

Blood Test Results - 3 Years Vegan

A week ago I was ordered by the Israeli army to get a blood test at my health insurance provider... so I did.  Here I am publishing the results for the whole world to see (if you click on them they will get bigger, some of it is in Hebrew but the important stuff is in English).


Why am I doing this?

Well... for three years now I have practiced a plant-based/ vegan diet (and vegan lifestyle in general). All the time people ask me: Where do you get your protein? What about Vitamin B12? 

You can see here that both my Vitamin B12 and protein are within the normal value ranges. If my diet was ever going to cause me a deficiency, it would have already happened. 

Sometimes I will be talking to someone I met on the street or at a get-together and he or she will tell me, "Yeah, I was vegan for a few months but my hair started falling out," or "... but I felt really low in energy all the time," or "... but I could never feel full," or "... but I became anemic."

I have no way of knowing whether these statements are founded upon truth but what I can say is that these people probably did not invest the proper time to really research and plan out what they should be eating to make up for the calorie/ nutrient hole that forms as a result of removing animal products from one's diet. 

So you may no be wondering what exactly it is that I eat... 

Most of my calorie intake comes from yummy ripe fresh fruit!
I ate all of this in about two-three days :)
Bananas, mangoes, peaches, nectarines, dates, persimmons, oranges, figs, apples, pears, watermelon, cherries, etc... (except for papaya which I really don't like...)

I usually eat about 2,000 calories a day, sometimes more. If I'm hungry... I eat :) 

I'm always happy to share about my lifestyle so if you have any questions let me know. Perhaps at a later date I will post about being vegan in Israel... bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment